Sunday 19 November 2017

MERRY LITTLE LABELS

Digging deep into my boxes of old stamps I found this one of the stockings hanging up ready to be opened. It doesn't matter how old my kids get - (26 and 23) I still do stockings for them and hubby and I always give each other stockings too - admittedly I have to give him ideas even after 32 years of marriage lol!

 The challenge over at Less is More this week was to CASE the designer who had done this delightful card

 

 I don't really have any cutesy type stamps - I did have the SU mice last year and wish I had kept them so I opted for the stockings.  As this is Less is More I stamped it direct onto the card and tried to keep a lot of white space.  Tricky for me. 



 I used just three colours to ink the stockings all Stampin Up - Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and So Saffron with just a touch of  Creamy Caramel for the branch.  The sentiment is from the current Merry Little Labels set and it was inked with marker pens in Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive.  Just a few glitter enamel dots finish it off to give it a bit of sparkle. 

I'm also adding this into the Stamping Sensations challenge which is asking for one layer Christmas Cards.

 
 

5 comments:

brenda said...

A perfect one layer card Fiona and beautifully stamped, thank you so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Izzy Scrap said...

Fabulous CAS card Fiona and a lovely CASE on Susan's card ! This old stamp is beautiful and your colouring is perfect ! You did a wonderful one layer card ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A superb take on Susan's CASE card, gorgeous image and colouring and a wonderful festive creation. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More and even producing a one layer version when it's not even one layer week. Well done! x

Kathyk said...

And you have certainly rocked this challenge

Kathyk

Nonni said...

Well done leaving so much white space and even making a one layer! Very beautiful image and sentiment and I love the calm, earthy colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!