Tuesday 14 November 2017

I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS

White Christmases are few and far between in Hampshire and if snow does come it tends to come in January February, not December.  May I digress for a moment and tell you about the most magical White Christmas we did have as a family.  It was 2003 and we were living in Houston Texas.  It was Christmas Eve and we had taken the children to see Polar Express, the new movie just for Christmas.  When we went into the cinema it was a normal Houston evening - after watching that magical film we came outside to find snow!!!  None of us could believe it - that really has to be the ultimate White Christmas!

The challenge over at Paper Players is White on White so I chose to do a White Christmas card - my first ever and oh I think I may be hooked.  I love how peaceful they look.  Although my supplies for producing white on white are a bit limited I'm going to try and have another play and see what I can come up with.





I still had another one of the cut out reindeers and trees from when I crafted with a friend a few weeks ago - the words I think are Tim Holtz cut outs.  The snowflakes are from SU as is the ribbon.  There is a wash of Wink of Stella over the deer, the snowflakes and the words just to make the card sparkle and the deer have been layered with dimensionals to give some depth to the card.

I'm also entering this for the following challenges:

Sweet Stampin Christmas - Anything Goes 
CHNC Challenge - Christmas with an option of Reindeer
CHNC Challenge Extra - Christmas 




 
 

1 comment:

Claire Broadwater said...

Fiona, this is gorgeous! Every detail is so elegant and the little deer is so pretty! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX