Wednesday 15 November 2017

COLOURS OF AUTUMN

Well I've gone from Winter and snow to back to Autumn again - two seasons in one day lol! 


This time I'm joining in with Retro Rubber challenge again and they had a picture for us to take our inspiration from with the colours of Fall or Autumn as we say over here in the UK. I'm also including this in Inkspirational Challenge this week whose theme is Trend.  Well I'm right on trend here with Autumn and I'm thinking retro stamps are trendy right now too!

I turned to my trusty Cherry Pie Art stamps again and some old rubber stamps I've had for over 10 years but they are still going strong.  I think the main image of the girl is called Flora - I've also used an old Hero Arts collage stamp called Love, Life, Beauty and a Cherry Pie stamp with the butterfly on it comes from a set called Art and Butterflies.


 I used some SU Island Indigo as the cardstock and embossed the sentiment from Beautiful You in Copper embossing powder.  Some copper thread wound round the cardimage also adds a bit of detail.  The stamping of the girl was done with an old SU spectrum Stampin Pad - its a shame you can't get these any more - its a great way of getting different colours on one stamp.


 

4 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Fiona: I love how you incorporated the colors of the RETRO RUBBER challenge on this beautiful card, the image of this girl looks really awesome surrounded by the colorful collage of images, so trendy indeed.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Debbie Mageed said...

Very sweet card with lovely stamped images! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you join us again soon.

Katy McGloin said...

I love the collage look of this card. It's obvious that you love working with color and these are beautiful together! The copper embossing and thread add a great finish without distracting from the overall card. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber this week. Hope to see you often in our gallery!

cm said...

Beautiful retro collage card; the images are sooooo eye-catching! Thank you for sharing this work of art in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol