Saturday 10 June 2017

WATERCOLOR WINGS - GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT GDP090

It's a sketch challenge over at Global Design Project this week - I'm just in time with my entry.  Click on the image below to go to their site.


 http://www.global-design-project.com/2017/06/global-design-project-090-sketch.html I'm always a bit unsure of sketch challenges - do we take them literally?  Do we follow to the letter, do we just add a few bits of what is in the sketch - I tend to follow the sketch as given but I do think its probably more to be taken as a general idea.



So here I've done a little bit of both - I've used one of the gorgeous butterflies from Watercolor Wings and the Bold Butterfly framelits.  The colours I've used are Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Tangerine Tango.  Some Glitter enamel dots are on the butterfly's wings and Wink of Stella all over.  I've used a couple of Stitched Framelits also.  The background paper is Delightful Daisy DSP.

I made a few little snips into the butterfly to enable me to curl his wings and pop it on a dimensional to give it more of a 3d affect.




 

No comments: