Friday 20 January 2017

INKSPIRATIONAL CHALLENGE - BEST OF BIRDS

Best of Birds is a new set for me and I just love it.  I'm just waiting for my framelits to arrive to go with this set which I think will make it even more versatile.

I do love birds and their imagery, much better than insects which I just don't do.

So I was delighted to see that the challenge over at Inkspirational Challenge is Flutter.  I had already made this card for a friend's birthday soon and I think it will fit this challenge really well.

I used some of our think Watercolour White paper to colour in the bird and used our new Watercolour Pencils and an Aqua Painter.

He was first embossed in black ink and I used clear embossing powder to emboss him.  The branch was embossed with our Copper Embossing Powder.

I fussy cut him out and this will be a lot easier with the framelits when I get them.

I used some of the gorgeous Serene Scenery DSP for the background.  The sentiment was punched out with the banner punch and some enamel dots completed the card.



 All supplies can be purchased from me if you are in the UK.  Please click on the SU Logo below to be taken to my store.


http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/fionawhitehead/

 HAPPY CRAFTING


 

1 comment:

Marina said...

I like the bright colours of the bird against the bokeh - style background. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.