Thursday 11 August 2016

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY - WATER

Well its been a while Bloggers since I've posted - nearly a week!  That's because I've been busy playing with my new Christmas goodies from the 2016 Winter Catalogue and I've been having lots of fun.  I've had to remind myself that its not actually Christmas for another four months, but I am a bit of a Christmas fiend.

I always fancied having a year round Christmas shop - unheard of in the UK but I was delighted to find one when I used to live in Houston!

Anyway - on to my card which is for the Watercoolers Challenge this week - and Water tricky challenge it is (oops sorry for the pun)   its one layer - clean and simple!

I don't have a lot of stamps that could fit this bill of water apart from the little fish in the Jar of Love but I didn't really want to use him.

So I've been playing with the reflection technique with some of my Christmas cards for another challenge I'm doing, revealed later in September so I thought aha, this would fit perfectly.



I've kept it clean and simple - with only the one layer matted onto cardstock.  The trees are from one of the new Christmas Sets - Christmas Magic and the wording is from another new set - Banners For Christmas but this card doesn't really look like a Christmas card I don't think.  The trees are stamped in Early Espresso and I've used Pacific Point, Night of Navy and an old SU colour Bordering Blue for the blues.

There's a touch of Wink of Stella just on the water part and a little bit on the moons just to make them sparkle. Otherwise just ink and stamps!

As this is a clean and simple card I'm also putting it in for the Less is More challenge - their challenge found here is Blue and Brown.



 PS - did you spot my banner at the top of my blog - I'm over the moon to have been asked to join the Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew Design Team for the next four months - my favourite time of the year too.  Starting in September.... keep coming back to see some fabulous projects from all the Crew!





 

7 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Fiona, this is stunning! I love the larger matting and the way it emphasizes the blues in your stamping. The water implied by the reflections of the trees and the moon is perfect. You never fail to impress with your wonderful creations. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Fiona I see you're first in the gate, so to speak with posting for this week's Watercooler Wednesday challenge, and what a sensational card it is. I really like the reflecting technique and how good those new trees look. And a big congrats on being on the Creative Crew challenges for the next four months. What a highlight for you! You're going to be one busy gal!

Esther said...

What a gorgeous card with that serene feel and beautiful colours/reflections! It's a fab way to meet our colour challenge at Less is More - thanks so much for sharing :) Congrats on your Splitcoast Stampers DT role too! Have fun!

Kathyk said...

Super make, beautifully done. CONGRATS on your SCS DT post - ENJOY

Kathyk

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

That really is a peaceful scene Fiona and you've nailed the reflection technique. The challenge colours look super in this little scene. Congrats on your DT post at SCS - you will be brilliant. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More this week.
Sharon xx

Gail said...

Beautiful card Fiona. Love those trees - the whole set is great, but those trees really caught my eye. Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at the Watercooler. And congratulations on your design team position at SCS!

Deborah Smart said...

I just love the reflection technique, and you did an awesome card, Fiona. I like how you even reflected the sentiment! Such a tranquil feeling about your card. Congratulations on your Splitcoaststampers Design Team position - you deserve it! Thanks for joining our Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week (it really was a challenging one, wasn't it?) ~Deborah