Wednesday 13 July 2016

JAR OF LOVE - CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Apologies needed I think -I'm doing Christmas in July. I know, I know...but I just love doing Christmas cards and I'd seen something similar to this for these jars on Pinterest and fancied having a go with my new stamps.



The jar was simply stamped with black ink and the snowflakes stamped in Smoky Slate.  The leaves are from the Botanical Builder Framelits and the red twine is retired sadly.  I'm afraid I've used a few retired stamp sets on here - the snowflakes are from Stampin Up years ago.  The Merry Christmas is from another old set Season of Joy.

 I haven't purchased any Christmas stamps from the new catalogue yet as I'm waiting for the winter/holiday catalogue which should be out soon.  So in the meantime I'm playing with some old favourites.

Some Dazzling Diamonds added to the inside of the jar makes it sparkle - I'm going for the whole snow globe effect!

I'm going to put this into Inkspirational Challenge again who are looking for something red.  You'll find the challenge here.  I think I'm allowed to put in more than one entry.


I'm a member of our local networking group Ladies Who Latte and this evening at my home in Hampshire I am hosting our first ever Shopping Extravaganza.  A group of us ladies are going to be displaying our businesses and hoping we get lots of people popping by.  The weather isn't brilliant but we are just hoping the rain keeps off.



Happy Crafting

 

2 comments:

sandie said...

Fabulous idea for. Xmas card. I love the semi circle edging and the touch of twine. Thanks for joining Ink x

Shauna said...

What a beautiful card! The jar of snowflakes looks so festive against the Christmas colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna