Saturday 4 June 2016

HUMMINGBIRD MADNESS


Hummingbird madness because you woulnd't believe how many times I had to try and get this hummingbird to ink up properly.  My fingers are quite literally covered in ink.  I've watched  you tube tutorials and they make it look so easy - but my little bird seems to be a bit more flighty.  Anyway I finally managed one I was happy with and got him down on paper quick before he flew away! lol!

He's going into the Global Design Project challenge this week which you'll find here
The challenge this week was a sketch
I've not followed the sketch to the letter like I normally do.  I've used it more as a guide this week.  I've been playing with Tempting Turquoise lately as the weather in the UK is so miserable I needed something bright to cheer me up.  



A touch of Rich Razzleberry which is a new colour to me was added to the Tempting Turquoise and I like the combination.  Two subtle grey backgrounds I think bring out the bright colours.  The Botanical Builder Framelits got an airing today along with the Botanical Blooms stamp set on the leaves.  The sentiment from Love and Affection, one of the new Stamp Sets.
 
The bird has been covered in Wink of Stella to make him sparkle.
 
 


1 comment:

Kylie Bertucci said...

Lovely card Fiona. The colours work so well together! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx