Thursday 10 March 2011

FRIENDS, ROMANS, COUNTRYWOMEN!......

I've gone all Roman - I found a great little book in Oxfam the other day with a view to using for altering - it was a 1963 edition of a travel guide around Rome. It was a bit of a shock seeing the pictures of Rome in 1963 compared to my memories of it two years ago - there's a lot to be said for the introduction of cars - and the way nowadays its hard to see a city in its glory without it being suffocated by cars.

So onto my altered cheese box - I used the large face stamp that had been looking at me all week - this is another Cherry Pie Art Stamp - and checking Marina's website I noticed the lady was called Julia - so for me she is Julia Caesar - Caesar's daughter. I found a picture of a basillica which I have used on the front - I can just imagine her walking around this 2000 years ago. There is also a Julia Basillica - what luck!


Maybe my next cheese box should be Paris - I could work my way around the cities - but goodness think how fat I'll get eating all that cheese! Any donations of cheese boxes kindly received lol!
Here's a sneak preview also of my inchies for the Continents inchy swap over at UK Stampers - yes its Asia -how did you guess?



3 comments:

K J D said...

Hi Fiona

LOVE your altered cheese box..... that stamp is one of my all time faves!

Your Asian inchies are gorgeous....love that image too.

Have a great weekend and see you soon.

Love Karenx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh fabulous and so inventive too. great piece with the cheesebox and love the inchies too. Have you picked up the freebie from my blog yet ? if not, please grab it as its gonna be taken down tomorrow
take care for now
June

Marina said...

Julia Ceasar eh? LOL
Very cool box Fiona!
x