Friday 18 July 2008

I'M SO EXCITED/NEWBURY RUBBER STAMP FAIR

....cause I won some blog candy!!! Woohoo - I've never won any before and it was so exciting to read Dana's message this morning. Dana lives in Texas which is where I used to live and thinking about Texas has been reminding me of all the things I miss....like great craft shops, lovely stores, warm weather, pool.....and some of the things I don't miss.....baking hot weather, bugs, hurricanes - Yep we were there when Hurricane Rita hit - I've never been so scared in all my life and swore that I never wanted to live anywhere with such powerful weather again!








You can find Dana's blog here Thank you Dana I can't wait to get my goodies.





On a not so postive note - I recently entered a blog where they were offering goodies as a PIF - the first three people were to put their names down, get their goodies and then do the same on their blog. Well I was one of the three, sent my address off and never did get them. Trouble is, as so often happens in blogland - I can't remember where the blog was. It would be nice if people could honour what they say they are going to to save any disappointments for people.





I'm not sure if I'll get much crafting done over the weekend as I have my mil and sil down for a few days. And I'm so busy trying to get all my Stampin Up projects finished in time for the Newbury Rubber Show next week!





Do you all know about the show - Its considered one of the best for rubber stamps and its such a treat that its near me - Newbury Race Course to be exact Sat and Sun 26/27th July. If you'll be there come and say hi to me at the Stampin Up Demo's stand, maybe sign up for a workshop and tell me you saw me on my blog. What a hoot!!!



I don't often post my Stampin Up stuff on this blog as I like to keep it separate and not let you think I'm stuffing SU down your throats - but here are some of the things I'm making for the show - the notepads and bookmarks are going to be part of our Goody Bags! I just love this colour combo - Rose Red and Sage Shadow. Right enough - I'm off for a cuppa as its still early.

Catch you all later crafters...............







There's a chance for some lovely blog candy over here - do check out her blog - there are some fabulous pieces there.

16 comments:

Julie Allain said...

WOO HOO well done on the blog candy win Fi YAY!!

Wish I lived nearer or i'd definitely say Hi when you do your show...great projects xx

Rosie said...

Well done with all those lovely items for the RS show at Newbury - I hope you enjoy yourself and make loads of new crafty pals Fi!
And congrats on the blog candy win!

Janette said...

Hi Fiona,

I am not going to Newbury this year :(
I am concentrating on just getting SU stuff because it all matches and blends thats why I sold loads on ebay.
Good luck with it all
Cant wait to hear how you got on
Janette
SBS20

Sam Woodruff said...

Wish I could just pop on over and go...good luck.
Hugs

Cazzy said...

Well done on the candy Fiona. I would love to go to Newbury but I don't think I will be able to.

carolann said...

Well done hun with your win your work is great hun xxxx

Tracy said...

Congrats on the candy.
Love the SU projects you have done.

Sam Woodruff said...

Good Luck sweety with your fair AWWWW! SU Love it, only use it and will give some away soon. Hugs

Leona said...

Well done on the blgo candy win Fi thats fantastic.......

All those items you have made for the show are gorgeous...... the colours are great together...

Hugs leona x

PixieHouse Creations said...

well done omn blog candy hun sorry wont be at the show this week as Colin wont be able to drive for a long time
hope it goes well your note books etc look fab
Wendy xx

Jacqueline TresBella said...

I wish I could go. Let us know what you see!

Jacqueline

Unknown said...

Love the carte postale cards!!!! Trying to decide about this set!

Carol said...

What a shame ....... enjoy your weekend

I have something for you on my blog please follow the link

http://carol-paperplay-carol.blogspot.com/2008/07/award_13.html

TC
:0)

Unknown said...

Hi Fiona

Well if you are going to be there on Saturday, I will come say hi!!!! It is my first time at Newbury and can't wait

Hugs

Alex xx

Janette said...

Hi Fiona,

Check my blog I have an award for you....also I have some blog candy to celebrate a year...
Janette
SBS20

Crafting Queen said...

Hi Fiona
There is an award for you on my blog.