Monday 14 May 2018

JUST FOR YOU

Apologies first of all for the quality of my photos.  My iphone 5 ended up in water - for all of 3 seconds but enough to do damage it seems.  I'm now using an old phone for my photos and it's nowhere near as good. :( 

The gorgeous colour challenge over at Just Add Ink this week had me itching to have a go.  I loved the look of those soft colours and then that bold Melon Mambo added to it.  Don't they look gorgeous together?





I started off with a circle mask which I cut out of some old card with the largest circle Stitched Framelit. I then sponged in this circle with Pear Pizazz and stamped one of the stamps from Kinda Eclectic over it in the Wild Wasabi.

The flower stamp from Stampin Up's Lotus Blossom is a three stamp set.  The first stamp has been inked in Powder Pink.  My Powder Pink ink isn't very old and is very faint - I wasn't a great fan of the new ink styles last year so I'm hoping they've improved them this year.  I then continued the three stamp stamping with the second stamp inked in stamped off Melon Mambo and then the final stamp in the full strength Melon Mambo.  The stems are inked in both green colours.  

I added some Powder Pink ribbon and a little hear detail I had in my button jar and added some buttons to the bottom.  I'm all about bringing the buttons back into my crafting at the moment #bringbackbuttons.  The Sentiment is from Watercolour Wings inked in Melon Mambo.  The card was then layered onto Wild Wasabi and Powder Pink cardstock.

I'm also adding this into the Allsorts Challenge blog which I found today - their challenge is In The Pink.


While I was playing with this circle mask I chose to do another card for the Inkspirational Challenge this week which is purple and gold.




I inked up the circle with some Perfect Plum and a touch of Elegant Eggplant around the edges for a bit more definition.  Then I covered that ink with the embossing buddy and stamped the flower in Versamark and embossed in Gold Embossing Powder.  This stamp is from an old SU set called A Touch of Nature.  I used Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant to stamp the three way butterfly from Watercolor Wings and used the Bold Butterfly framelit to cut it out.  The sentiment is from Colourful Seasons.



The little gold ribbon at the bottom uses an embellishment from an old set called Hodgepodge Hardware - does anyone else still have and use this?  I found it at the bottom of my cupboard and thought it could do with an outing!



7 comments:

brenda said...

Your pink Rose card is a delight, lovely inking and stamping and a couple palette that works so well,perfect for our 'In the Pink' theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a soft and pretty card Fiona. The spotlight sponged technique is perfect for layering these pretty colours. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

susiestacey said...

Pretty card and a lovely stamp.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'In the pink' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Anonymous said...

Firstly, I'm impressed that you use your phone to take you pics - I think they are great. It's lovely to see the layout stamped in different ways. Both of them very sweet. And....Yes....I still have my Hodgepodge Hardware...mostly unused...mainly because I think it's too special to use (funny aye)? Chantell Just Add Ink

Tina said...

Your lotus card is so pretty! I love how you've framed the flower with the sponged circle. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Kylie said...

very pretty! Love that soft background and your gorgeous flower. Thanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational xx

Mummylade said...

Lovely projects! Thank you for sharing with Allsorts this week.