Friday 6 October 2017

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY WWC139

Good morning all - its a gorgeous day here in Hampshire, England. The sun is shining and the leaves are turning.  The dogs are happy playing in the leaves and everything sounds rosy doesn't it?  



 Well the eagle-eyed among you may have noticed a slight difference to my blog and that is the omission of anything to do with Stampin' Up!  I have resigned as a Demonstrator for all sorts of reasons, none of which need to be stated here.  Suffice to say I am now free to use other stamps on my blog.  My blog has been going for over 10 years, before SU and will continue after SU.  It has become my online diary and when I look back over the years it is suprising how much has changed within blog land and even in the fashion of crafting.

My entry for the Watercooler Wednesday challenge this month is not a card - but it is something that's dear to my heart at the moment.  We all lose our mojo in life and especially in crafting.  I have made this door handle and as you can see it has two sides - one says I'm on the ball and everything in the craft room is just fabulous - the other side shows that mojo has truly left the building.

 





 The stamped image is from a Cherry Pie Art Stamp set.  I have loved these stamps for many years and, although sometimes my crafting supplies get thinned out - these never go anywhere.  And they will be making some much needed appearances in the future posts.

As I emerge from the world of SU I need to reacquaint myself with great stamps and would love any suggestions you may have.


 HAPPY CRAFTING


 

7 comments:

Jillian Selwood said...

So sorry to hear you are no longer a SU demo but so relieved that you will keep on blogging and crafting. Look forward to seeing your stunning creations.

Take care xx

Penny Hanuszak said...

Sometimes stepping out the door of familiarity is what we need to return us to a realm of happiness and enjoyment in the things we do. Good for you for recognizing it was time to step across that threshold. May you soar! Love this double door mood focused hanger. It says it all. Beautiful! Sending you hugs across the pond and happy to see you're continuing to share your many talents with us at the Watercooler.

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea! I also run out of mojo but then going online, checking YouTube and Pinterest and Facebook help get me back in the groove. That's why I'm happy you started the Joy of Sets Facebook page,it has given me much inspiration and the opportunity to bring out stamp sets that were well loved in the past! Best of luck with wherever your mojo leads you! <3

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Fiona, I hope the side which says you're on the ball and everything inside the craft room is fabulous shows more frequently than the side which indicates that Mojo has left the building. With or without Stampin' Up! there is a wealth of wonderful crafting material out in the world just waiting to be used. I love the door handle hanger. It's not just a great idea but it's also beautifully crafted. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Gail said...

Fiona, I think we could all use a door hanger like this from time to time! I'm sure you put a lot of thought into your decision and will have a wonderful adventure as you explore new things. Thanks for supporting us at Watercooler Wednesday.

libbystamps said...

What a cool idea! Nicely done! Thanks for joining our 'Anything Goes Feminine' Water Cooler Challenge this week!

Lady Joyful said...

Great creation! Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT