Thursday 13 July 2017

INLAID BOXES

Inlaid Boxes

 

I recently saw a fellow Demo Liz Shannon do a lovely tutorial on inlaid boxes.  I actually collect old inlaid boxes and have quite a few so this idea was right up my street.  I tried the one Liz did with the gorgeous Wood Textures DSP and the framelit from Colourful Seasons but I also wanted to have a play with my own twist on it.

I used the butterfly from Bold Butterfly framelits to make my second box.  The You Tube tutorial is below.




The measurements for these boxes are very simple - 

Cardstock 6" x 6" x 2 pieces.  On one of the 6x6 pieces cut two sides ever so slightly less than 6" - it just helps the top of the box to fit nicely on top.

Score both sheets at 1 1/4" on all four sides.  Cut up to score lines as normal and glue.  Simple!

 I hope you have fun making these boxes.

All supplies can be purchased direct from my store - click on the button below.


https://www2.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx

 And don't forget about the fabulous Special Offer during July - BONUS DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN - SPEND IN JULY AND GET FREE GOODIES IN AUGUST



https://www2.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx





 HAPPY CRAFTING

 

No comments: