Sunday 18 June 2017

FLORAL STATEMENTS

What a gorgeous Stamp set Floral Statements is.  You may have overlooked it in the catalogue and it is only two stamps but they are fast becoming my favourites.  They come in Hello and Thanks and today I wanted to use the Thanks.  

I decided to go for a blue rose - no idea why.  And then I saw the challenge over at Inkspirational #137 so that was quite apt.  Click on the image to go to the challenge and join in.

 http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/challenge-137-photo-inkspiration.html


I used three ink colours for my roses, Soft Sky, Night of Navy and Pacific Point.  I used Pear Pizazz and a touch of Soft Suede for the leaves.  All of it is heavily covered with a Wink of Stella.


The cardstock is layered onto some of our new Designer Series Paper which is the Colour Theory pack - I love the crackled effect of this blue one and I've layered it into Night of Navy.  

Did you notice the ribbon?  It is so lovely - I have been in a ribbon swap with some other SU Demo's - its a great way of getting a sample of ribbon rather than having to buy them all - that way you can find out your favourites - one of mine is this Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon in Night of Navy.  A heart enamelled shape finishes off the card.

HAPPY CRAFTING

 
 

1 comment:

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Fiona, I love the way you colored your roses. I haven't seen many cards using this set. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.