Monday 3 April 2017

BOOKCASE BUILDER MEETS PAINTER'S PALETTE

I do love this little set from Stampin' Up! and I'm surprised it hasn't been flooding the internet with examples.  I think its one of those slow burner sets that people will get to know over time - I hope it stays around for the next year.  Even if you don't use the bookcase shelves there are loads of images to play with for lots of occasions.

The challenge over at Inkspirational Challenge#131 this week is a picture challenge - very Alice in Wonderland. I really had to put my thinking head on for this one.



 

 I've used Painter's Palette and that wonderful easel to make my image into a painting.  I've included the books, a plant and the lamp as inspiration from the picture.  The lamp has Wink of Stella all over it .... naturally.  The Cherry Cobbler cardstock was run through the Falling Petals embossing folder to give the hearts, which you can just see are dotted around the table in the main picture.





The sentiment is from Project Live Remember This. It's a retired set but I love the Project Life for adding great sentiments to cards.



 

3 comments:

Marina said...

This is an amazing interpretation of our challenge photo. What a great card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Fiona said...

Thanks for the comment marina

cm said...

Such a clever translation of the INK photo! The easel is a fabulous 'frame' for your cozy book reading scene and oh, how sweet the embossed hearts! Picture perfect, indeed! So thrilled you shared your creativity in the INK gallery!
~carol