Wednesday 27 July 2016

BIRTHDAY BLOOMS

Do you feel sometimes when a new catalogue comes out that old favourites get left behind?  That's how I felt about Birthday Blooms so I thought I would re-visit the set for Pootles Colour Challenge  004 this week.  You'll find the challenge here.  Sam had challenged us to use the following colours - So Saffron, Sweet Sugarplum and Soft Sky.  Luckily three colours I have in my set, although my So Saffron is over 10 years old but still going strong!



This was quite a tricky challenge for me - but hey that's why they are challenges!  These are not colours I would normally work with but I love how soft they are and what a delicate card they create.  The background was stamped with two of the stamps from Playful Backgrounds in So Saffron and Soft Sky.  The cardstock is So Saffron.  The flower from Birthday Blooms was stamped in Sweet Sugarplum and I used an SU Blender Pen to colour it in.  The Hello sentiment is from the Jar of Love set. I edged the Whisper White with a touch of Soft Sky just to soften the harsh white edges.

As usual all products can be purchased via my store - click on the catalogue and don't forget about our Bonus Days during the month of July.


http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/fionawhitehead/



 HAPPY CRAFTING


 

No comments: