Wednesday 22 June 2016

THREE STAMP SETS - FEELING BLUE?



 I didn't think I'd have time for any more crafting before I go away on holiday but I managed to sneak one in this evening.  I don't often do blue cards but found myself drawn to all these different blues this evening.  My card is inspired by the sketch on As You See It challenge. Click on their sketch to be taken to their challenge.

AYSIChallenge137



I've used three stamp sets for this card.  The stripes are from the Playful Backgrounds set.  I love this set - its so versatile.  They have been stamped in Soft Sky and I used Wink of Stella over the top to make them sparkle a bit.   The dots are from Painter's Palette and the sentiment is from Picture Perfect.  I've used some of our Designer Series Paper in Subtles for the background paper and the flower which is from the Botanical Builder framelits.  One of our enamel shapes in the middle finishes the flower.  I quite like the soft colours in this card - I may find I use blue more often.


 I think you can just about see the Wink of Stella sparkle.  I think my WOS may be on its way out.  I read a great tip from someone that, once its empty, fill it with water and you can still use it!



 Happy Crafting

Thanks for stopping by and do leave a comment - I love to read what you think.


Fiona







3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I like the clever way you've interpreted the vertical elements. It's scaled everything down and made it more delicate, which fits in with your soft colour palette. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at AYSI, good luck!!! Amy DT

Heather Cooper said...

I love how you've condensed and shortened the stripes element to make your design unique. The soft blues are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges this time.