Wednesday 22 June 2016

LOVE AND AFFECTION

 The weather is very depressing here in the UK at the moment, wet and cold and not at all like June.  So to cheer myself up I've been playing with the new Love and Affection stamp set.  This is such a pretty set with 16 polymer stamps and three great Sentiments.  I've done two types of cards - one quite plain and simple the other a little bit over the top.  I think my favourite is the clean and simple one below.

I just used two of the stamps out of the set for this card and two colours Pear Pizazz and Watermelon Wonder.  I love these two together. 

I'm putting this card in for two challenges this week:

Watercooler Wednesday -  which is asking for Clean and Simple Summer and

 Case this Sketch challenge which gave us the following sketch to work with.  Click on the sketch to be taken to their Challenge Blog.


http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/


Some basic pearls added to some of the flowers gives this a very gentle finish to this card.




My second card  uses the same colour ways but I've added some Designer Series Paper in Watermelon Wonder and stamped some of the Flower stamps on to it.  These were then cut out and fixed on with dimensionals and some basic rhinestones added to the middle.

I've used a few more of the leaves and flower stamps from this set also.  This card was also supposed to be for the Case this Sketch but then I realised I'd covered too much of the paper so I started again.



This will be my last post for a while probably as I'm off on holiday on Saturday - can't wait for some sunshine.  I'm off to gorgeous Tuscany - I've never been before so I'm so looking forward to it.  Hubby and I plan to visit Florence when we are there, maybe a vineyard or two!  We are staying on an organic olive oil farm so sounds wonderful.  I'm tempted by the wonderful Tuscan Vineyard stamp set we have in the new catalogue.  I will see what I think when I get back.




6 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

You really hit the mark on the clean and simple challenge with these two cards Fiona. I really like both of them, but if I had to choose a favourite it would be your second card. The flowers with DSP are so beautiful. Enjoy your holiday, it sounds so exciting and see you back at the Watercooler again sometime soon.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Fiona, you've picked a great design to combine with our challenge. Your card, using the simple stamped images from the Love and Affection set is perfect for the Clean & Simple challenge. Isn't it wonderful how we can raise our spirits, despite nasty weather, with our hobby? You must definitely have felt less depressed after creating your lovely cards and using such bright, cheery colours. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Gail said...

Love your CAS card - the flowers look like they are dancing! Thank you for contributing such a lovely card to my Clean & Simple Summer Challenge.

And you get to go to Tuscany???? How lucky are you? Enjoy your fabulous trip - and I think you do need the Tuscan Vineyard stamp set. I've been playing with and love it!

Marsha Reed said...

Wonderful CAS card, Fiona! I love the colors you chose. Have a wonderful time on your vacation. Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

Deborah Smart said...

Gorgeous colours , Fiona, and such a lovely card. It looks like the flowers are floating down your card. I'm very jealous that you're going to Tuscany - I hope you'll share some pictures when you get back! Have a wonderful time. ~Deborah

libbystamps said...

Very nice card Fiona! Clean. Simple. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday challenges this week! See you soon!